Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A UFO Finished!

Yesterday I finally finished another quilt UFO. I started this quilt last summer when we got home from holidays and just wanted to piece something. I used most of a Just Wing It layer cake.

I finished the quilt top before we moved this summer. I even basted it but never got around to quilting it  in Idaho. I finally quilted it last month during Friday Night Sew-In and even though I had the binding sitting there waiting to be put on, I didn't get it attached until yesterday. 

As soon as it was done, I tossed it in the washer and never got pictures of before it got all crinkly. When I started this quilt over a year ago I wasn't sure who it was going to be for. As I finished piecing the top a few months ago I finally decided to give it as a birthday present to someone very special to me so they will get the quilt this weekend. A little late but hopefully still appreciated.

The back.

Something that is starting to become normal for me is to write the "label" directly onto the quilt back. I use to hate stitching the labels down and they never looked as nice as I wanted them too. This way the information can never be separated from the quilt.

After I finished this quilt yesterday, I basted another and started quilting it. It's also a gift I need for this weekend. Fingers crossed I get it done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...