Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some finishes and a few works in progress

Finished embroidery for one of my nieces.

Finished another hat for our baby boy.

I used leftover yarn from the Creekwood shawl. 

Cast on a pair of socks for a gift. This is where I was Monday morning.

I am now done the heel and most of the foot. Probably one more pattern repeat of 20 rows before I start the toe. It's hard to see the pattern but it's the socks from the front of the book.
This is one of four pairs of socks I'd like to make before the baby comes. 3 of them will be gifts and one for me. I have 12 weeks until his due date so I better get going. I might have to cast on the other two intended as gifts before I finish these ones - one will be plain, the other will have a pattern.

Blanket for the baby boy. Since his nickname is Pickles I decided to make him a green blanket. I already had the dark green in my stash. At first I thought it looked too much like a turtle shell and thought about ripping it out but I kept going and I'm glad I did.  I'm just going to keep going until it is as long as I'd like it. It's about 12 inches so far.

Started a cardigan for myself. It will have short sleeves and I'd really like it done by April.


Finished Creekwood Shawl. This pattern is currently on sale on ravelry if you're interested. I'm so happy that I added the extra cable repeats.

Wrapped around.

All stretched out.

Detail. I am really happy with this shawl and how light it feels.

And I finished putting the quilt top for the baby together. Now I need to baste and quilt it.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you make so much and so fast! The hat is lovely and I think the blanket is gorgeous - it does look like a turtle, but in a good way!

    Your embroidery is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...