Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

A knitted finish

I finished the Herbstwald shawl about a week ago. Here it is before blocking. It is only 2 couch cushions long.

After blocking it stretches across the whole couch.

Detail shot. I loved the last chart of this pattern (the last 20 rows). I liked the whole thing actually, but I really like how it finishes.

A picture of the middle. I like how big this shawl ended up being. I added an extra repeat of both charts A and B and am glad that I did. This has become more of a wrap than a shawl. Now I just need the weather to warm up so I can wear it outside. It's snowing here today but at least my new shawl can keep me warm inside.

Pattern is from the book "Sock-Yarn Shawls" by Jen Lucas. You can find the book on amazon and Jen's blog here.  There is also a ravelry group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...