Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Gifts

There's been lots of gift making and giving going on around here. Above is a cardigan I made for my daughter for her 11th birthday earlier this month. It has 3/4 length sleeves and is 3/4 length. She's worn it a couple times but I have yet to get a picture of her in it yet. It's a little stiffer than I would have liked. I hope it relaxes a bit the more I wash and dry it. I think that is what I get for using cheaper yarn but I have trouble justifying expensive yarn for kid knits.

I am using up some baby sport yarn I had in my stash to crochet a quick baby blanket for one of our midwives. She is expecting her first child at the end month. She wasn't at the birth of our youngest son, but she was the midwife who caught our older son, so I wanted to do something for her. I'm trying to have this finished by next Thursday which is our last midwife appointment (which means our baby will be 6 weeks old - hard to believe.)

Picked out floss to make initial embroideries for 3 of my nieces this summer. Need to get these finished and in the mail soon.

We've also been on the receiving end of gifts. A close family friend made this hat for the baby. She made it 6 month size so it will be perfect for this fall/ winter.

My sister made this pillow for my daughter's birthday. 

Here is the other side. I think I like this side best. Thanks Sarah.

My amazing SIL made this quilt for the baby. I'm jealous of her paper-piecing skills and am so happy to have this. She had made the center block but wasn't sure what to do with it. I strongly suggested that a then yet-to-be-born nephew would like it so she used it for his baby quilt. And I love that she used Terrain fabric for the final border. I plan to hang this on the wall once he's done using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...