Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Monday Mayheim

Since I was able to come from behind and write over 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo last month, I thought I deserved some fun time, so yesterday I did something I haven't done in a long time. Got out fabric and played with it! I've been thinking about some quilts I'd like to make so I thought I should take a look to see what I had. The baby enjoyed the chaos.

Wondering where he's going to play in all the mess.

This is pretty much what I did all day. Took everything out of the fabric bin. Organized and even got rid of some to be donated and threw out some teeny tiny scraps.  The little guy is napping on the couch, fabric all around. Got to love it!

Up from his nap and happy I still had all that fun stuff around to play with. 

So, here's what I decided. Some is for next year, some is for this year:

I bought these jelly rolls a couple years ago and planned on making a log cabin quilt. I even made a sketch. So that is what they will become. Next year. I might cut them and start piecing them if I can get other projects done this year.

Went through my Christmas fabrics and pulled most of them out for a quilt. Tomorrow my daughter has a half day so we're going to make ourselves an advent quilt for next year. We got a lego advent calendar this year for her and her brother to share and she's not very impressed with it. Next year we'll have three kids wanting to take part and this way we can cater it to their likes. I plan to fill the days with little toys, candy and family activities to do. I told my daughter my plan and she approves. Now I need to iron that fabric and cut some of it so it is ready for us tomorrow. Using this pattern as a guide.

Fabrics to make the little guy some cloth books. Looked at buying some new but they are a crazy price so I decided to make my own. Should be interesting.

Fabric to make the little guy a stocking. Using my sister's tutorial, found here.

Picked some orphan blocks to make some gifts for Christmas this year.

Looked over the fabrics I had cut for the Made-In-Cherry QAL from 2012 (!). Have most of the fabrics cut - just need to do the big background pieces from the the yellow. This is another project for next year but I might work on it if I have some spare time this year - or trying to procrastinate. More info here.

Got out my Cloud 9 fabrics that I still love. Found another QAL that is going on now that I think I am going to make with them. The brown at the top is a solid (I don't remember where I got it from), that seems to go with them. However, I don't have enough for the the whole quilt so I'll be piecing and cutting a little differently than recommended. The green might be a border if I think it needs one at the end.

Going to use this tutorial for pumpkin blocks to make a pumpkin quilt for next Halloween. 

A bunch of pretty fabric that I hope to play with once the weather gets really cold. Who wouldn't be happy to be stuck inside with these fabrics? Still looking for a pattern though. Most of them are fat quarters, some scraps and half yards. The pink dots in the background is 2 yards (I think). Any one have any ideas? I'm willing to buy yardage of a solid if necessary.

Oh, and I didn't forget knitting. I need to turn this pile of yarn into gifts for my kids.  Sweaters for my two sons - black and grey is for 7 year old, browns is for the little guy. Both will be this pattern. The multi-coloured yarn is for a cardigan for my daughter. She picked it out. It's bulky weight yarn so I'm hoping it will knit up fast. I've already tried one pattern and didn't like it and had to frog it. Cast on a second one last night and so far, so good. Hope to have some progress pictures to show at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...