Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Elves are Busy

Tis the season for making gifts. Kids have been helping this year. Daughter working on some safety pin beaded bracelets for her cousins while watching "Ghostbusters".

She then helped sew part of the Advent quilt we're working on for next year.

The little guy supervised.

Another picture of her sewing. We used red thread so we'd know which ones we had picked for the top. This project will take us a while to finish.

Crocheted a bell garland for a gift.

Have enough to make a second one and bought bells to make one for us, too.

Little guy helping.

Working on a special ornament for our families.

Older's son sweater. Knit like crazy on it last night and am now ready to divide the body and sleeves (this picture was taken yesterday afternoon about 15 rows from where I am now).

Cardigan for my daughter. This is Sedum. I got the pattern when Jane Richmond offered the one size up for free when it was released a few years ago. It wasn't my size but I thought I could either alter the pattern or perhaps make it for someone else. I love it and wish it was for me. I might have to buy the new pattern for this which comes in multiple sizes (and support a great Canadian designer). I need to have this done for the 21st, which is when we are opening gifts here. Plans are to go buy buttons with her after that so she can help pick them out. I love how quickly the bulky yarn knits up.

Son helping to cut out some felt hands.

I've started to make lists that span 2-3 days of what I need to get done in that time. The list for yesterday and today has 17 things on it. By the time I went to bed last night I only had one thing crossed off. Luckily for me this blog post was on the list of things to do.  Making progress. Looking forward to January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...