Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Knitting Monday - A Christmas Gift

I did it! I finally finished the Christmas present for my daughter. Almost 3 months late but very much appreciated. She wore it for a day before it even had buttons. Here it is before buttons.

With buttons and on its very happy owner.

Glad that is warming up that she can wear just the cardigan outside for short amounts of time. 

Love the buttons that we picked out.

Back view. This was a quick knit, other than the first sleeve which seemed to take forever. If I ever made this cardigan again I wouldn't use multi-coloured yarn as I had to alternate between two balls of yarn for the sleeves to try and prevent huge stripes of one colour. Great pattern though. I downloaded this pattern when Jane Richmond offered the one size for free. I knew it wouldn't fit me but hoped to alter it. She has since added more sizes and you can buy the pattern here.

So, with one major project done, I got the yarn and patterns ready for some new projects but knew there were some other things I should finish first. I was good and didn't cast anything on but got out...
… this blanket I started for the baby when I was pregnant. The Little Guy is now over 10 months old. Guess I need to finish it up. I was able to get two rows knitted this weekend.

Don't worry Sarah, I'm still working on your socks, too. When the blanket and socks are done I'm going to cast on lots of new projects. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...