Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Knitting Monday - the Cowl and Sock Edition

Finally have some finishes to show off today.
Finished the first sock for my sister. They are toe-up and I could have made them longer but felt like this was a good height.


Still need some work on toe-up heels but getting better.

Baby looked them over and approved.

I also finished 2 cowls. I had shown a picture of some green yarn that I was using to make a Swift hat as part of the Journey KAL. I really wanted to use this purple but didn't have enough and it was a heavier yarn. I probably could have made it into a hat with some modifications but I ditched the green yarn and cast on a cowl instead. The yarn felted a bit more than I expected during blocking but I still like it.

I wore it today when I went to pick the kids up from school. Kept my neck and chin nice and warm. The baby was very curious about what I was wearing.

I was able to do 2 pattern repeats of the lace. I had to do a crochet bind-off as I ran out of yarn but you can't really tell that the borders aren't exactly the same. You can find the Swift pattern here.

I kind of blocked the Zuzu's petals cowl I finished a couple weeks ago. Yarn really stretched after soaking and I don't really have a safe place to block anything with a baby crawling around. I had this pinned on a towel on top of the washer. It could definitely use a better blocking some day to really bring out the pattern and points. Still love it though.

It's nice and long in the front.

Short in the back so it isn't uncomfortable with a coat.

Folded in half. Such a neat shape. You can find the pattern here.

I also love that all three of these are made with yarn from my stash. Maybe I should buy some yarn to reward myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...