Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Knitting Tuesday

I got a lot of knitting time in this weekend as we went on a little road trip. I made some progress and finished a couple projects.
Friday afternoon I looked at the second sock for my sister and noticed it seemed small. I realized I had cast on 28 stitches instead of 32 for the toe, leaving me with 56 instead of 64 in all. When I measured this sock it was 1 inch thinner than the first sock so I had to frog it. Bye bye second sock.

I restarted the second sock on Saturday while we were driving. I was proud that I remembered how to start a toe-up sock without needing directions. 

I crocheted this little gnome for my mom whose birthday is tomorrow. We decided to hand deliver our gifts this year - the reason for our trip.

Here it is with her Gnome which travels with her and my dad. I thought he needed a buddy.

I made really good progress on my daughter's cardigan. I finished the second sleeve and the button band. Buttonhole band and collar left.

This is what I did Monday when we drove home. My daughter is going to a birthday party this Saturday. The birthday girl comes to our house everyday after school until her mom is done work so I wanted to make her a little something, even though she had asked for donations to charity instead of gifts. It's the Butterfly Hat and is a free pattern on ravelry.

I tried it on and really liked it. I thought about keeping it but think I will just make one for myself instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...