Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Writing Wednesday : Getting Distracted

Trying to settle down and write while the Little Guy naps can sometimes be difficult. There are so many other things around me. There's housework to do, books to read, sweaters to knit, quilts to make, and food to eat. I also found redecorating my space to be a great distraction this week.

My kids made these R's for me for my birthday last year and I finally framed them and put them up. I'm just glad I got them up before my birthday rolled around again. It's next week.

I attached these owls onto a canvas several weeks ago and they've been waiting to go up on the wall ever since. Now they look down on me while I work.

 Had to move a couple things around to make room for the Owls and R's but I have plenty of space for more kid creations. I've got so many quilt projects on the go right now (which is great) that it's hard to find space on the desk for the computer, printed off first draft and my notes of what I'd like add/ delete. 
 But I did eventually work. And what am I working on? After writing down pages of notes for the idea that just wouldn't leave me alone, my brain was open and wanting to work on the "Lucy" rewrite again so that is what I've been doing. I've also been toying around with ideas of how to grow an audience for the novel as it is part of a planned series but those details will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...