Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Goals? What goals?

With only a week left in October I have concluded that this month totally kicked my butt. I don't know where the time went but I'm not ready for November or for the month after that. I feel like there is still so much to do before the year ends and I don't know where to start. I need to make a list to prioritize the crafts that need to be finished. Like the secret project that is nowhere near done that should be in the mail by the end of the month. Lucky for us the fall sport season is winding down for the kids with nothing on the schedule until next year. It will be nice to get our Saturdays back. 

And my goals for October? Yeah... the Pumpkin quilt still hasn't been touched. I've looked at it and have wanted to start it but there's too much other crap on my desk. Think I might start a UFO list for 2015. There are several quilts that are taking up space and need to be finished. After the holidays I think I'll be going on a stash diet, at least for the first 3 months. No new yarn or fabric unless necessary to complete a project (such as backing for a quilt or if I run out of yarn for a project). I'd like to see a real dent in the fabric and yarn stash so I can organize things properly and not just try to find room for everything. I'm sick of moving stuff from place to place. I'm also starting to think I have too many plans for 2015.

Onto better things. I started the right front of my mom's cardigan yesterday. It knits up fast and I am forcing myself to work on it. I'd loved to finish this cardigan next week and cross another Christmas gift off the list.

I knit a little more of the Savanna shawl I started for myself. The yarn is so soft. It's a delight to knit with.

And I wasn't going to do NaNoWriMo this year. I decided to give myself a day to work on ideas. To see if there were any that were wanting to be written. I found one and wrote the 5 page chapter outline above in a day. We'll see how I feel on November 1st. I may start it or leave it for another time. If I do start it next month, I may participate in the local writing group. The kick-off party is this Sunday at the library and there are several write-ins at the library next month as well. It would be neat to meet other writers crazy enough to do NaNoWriMo but I'm not really a people person or comfortable in a crowd so I'll probably chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...