Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

October Goals - Stocking done!

One of my goals for October was to make a stocking for my son to be used at my parents house. Since my parents were visiting for Thanksgiving this past weekend I wanted to finish it and send it home with them. A couple weeks ago I took some orange Cascade 220 and started knitting a big piece in stockinette. When I was finished it could stretch to about 30 inches square. I then felted it in the washing machine (took 2washes) until it was how I wanted it. 
I used the stocking template my sister offers and that I have used for other stockings in the past.

I used a sharpie to trace a stocking shape and sewed near/ on the line. I then cut off the extra fabric and turned it right side out.

I had a Great Gonzo appliqué that I attached using my free-motion foot. The stocking was impossible to take a picture of to get the true colours.

Here he is with his new stocking. He's happy with the Gonzo appliqué. Gonzo is one of his names.

We put toys inside to test it out. I think it will work. My mom is happy that it isn't too big.

And if you have time, tonight is Friday Night Sew-In. Go here to sign up. I'll have a post tomorrow of what I'm able to accomplish tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...