Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

October Goals

Somehow it's October. A new month means time for new goals. Some of these pictures have been on here before because the projects still aren't done.

Knitting Goals
Besides finishing the Dundurn cardigan for my mother and the Sun Rose sweater for my myself, I need to get a start on the sweaters for my 2 boys for Christmas. Both need to be on the needles by the end of the month. The scarf for my daughter might be a good distraction with all this sweater knitting. Have I mentioned that 2015 will be the year of the sock? It is because I think I will need a break from all this sweater knitting in the new year and I need more knitted socks. 

Quilting Goals
The Pumpkin quilt was a goal for September but didn't get touched. I would love to finish it this month.

I would also like to complete our Advent quilt. At least the top. I can quilt it in November.

As much as I would love to have either the Made in Cherry or Terrain quilt on our bed by the end of October, I'd be happy to have the back pieced and the quilt basted. Honestly, I'd like one of these done by the end of the year, the other can wait for January/February.

Since I've sewn all the 2 and 3 inch squares I had cut into blocks for charity quilts already, I've started to cut some more. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time at this, just 5 minutes here and there, but I'd really like all the scraps I have sitting on my desk cut up in the next week or so.

And here's that stack of scraps. They are taking up too much space but I refuse to put them away. I have to deal with my scraps. It would be great to start 2015 with an empty scrap box.

My Rebel Flock quilt still needs to be quilted. If I can decide how I want to quilt it, it will get finished this month. If not, it will wait.

Writing Goals

 Write everyday. So far I've completely failed at this but October is only 3 days old. Maybe the goal should be to write more days than I don't. 

Christmas Gift Goals
Besides starting the sweaters for my sons, I need to get some cousin gifts started and finished. Or decide I'm going to buy them gifts this year.

Do you have any goals for this month? Are you making gifts for Christmas? If so, have you started making them yet?

1 comment:

  1. got my part of the secret project finally done. will get it in the mail ASAP. sorry for taking so long :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...