Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Around the Web with a Cup of Tea

Here is my usual picture for Sundays but this week I have a treat for my mom...

... I used a teacup this week. My mom gifted the teacup to me when she visited last month. Her Aunt Margaret is downsizing to a retirement community and offered my mom and aunt their choice of teacups. My mom picked the only one with birds on it for me. This week I made a pot of tea and used it. I must have refilled it 4 times - and I even shared the pot of tea with my daughter and friend. It doesn't take long to empty but I love it. I hope to use it more often. Thanks mom.

Onto what I found interesting on the internet this week. 

One of the things I love about November is Sew, Mama, Sew's Handmade Holidays. Each day they post different tutorials for making gifts for the holidays. Each day has a theme such as baby, pet, boy, etc... I look forward to it every year. This year there's even a colouring contest.

I own the book, now I need to decide whether I'm going to participate in the KAL.

I did join the Mystery shawl KAL hosted by Jen of Knitting Like Crazy. I love Jen's designs and am looking forward to her new book coming out in January.

Because I don't have enough hobbies, I've been looking into making books. There's a kit available at a local store that also has workshops. And I've created a Pinterest board as well.

It seems that scientists are making some progress in understanding autism.

How New York has changed since Hurricane Sandy.

Happier news thanks to Marvel.

I'd love to live a simpler life but I don't know if I'd get anything done.

And in honor of the warm cup of tea I'm currently drinking.

And in case you're wondering, yes, I started NaNoWriMo yesterday and met my target word count for the day. It feels great to write. I forgot how it feels like my calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...