Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Around the Web with a Cup of Tea

Very late with this post. Sorry. I had a case of the grumpies this weekend (it's a real thing). I don't have many blogging rules but one of them is to never write a post while grumpy or angry. They never come out right and are usually regrettable. So, after a date with my husband last night, waking up to a nice covering of snow and watching every Muppets Christmas movie/special (in order of course), I'm in a good enough mood to blog. I must be thinking about the Holidays because I found a lot of tutorials. Plus some other stuff to share, too.

First, a very Happy Birthday to my favourite author tomorrow, Margaret Atwood. Here's a list of 75 surprising facts about her. I love that we have #68 in common. Makes me feel a little less crazy.

How to beat a case of the grumpies. Also making a bunch of different crafts this weekend helped me. More on that later this week.

I might have to buy some of this fabric. It shares it's name with my daughter.

This was so beautiful and perfect for Remembrance Day last week.

Another great article about The Wife, the Maid and the Mistress.

I really enjoyed reading this.

And my English Major heart loves this.

Holiday Tutorials:
Free printables - includes gift tags and care instruction tags to go with homemade gifts.

Felt ornaments. I think my son would love to make these with the decorative stitches on my sewing machine. Teacher's gift?

Little snowmen! I think I might make one for each of my kids for the advent quilt (which I still need to finish). Just scroll down for instructions in english.

Smittens. I have a sweater that I shrunk by accident. I set it aside to do this and I was going to wing it but glad I found a tutorial for it.

Gift bags from old jeans? Check. Perfect for a bottle of wine.

I've also added a lot of tutorials to my Gifts-to-Make board on Pinterest. And some to my Christmas board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...