Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Writing Wednesday - NaNoWriMo -ing


Hopefully those pictures tell you what I've been doing this month instead of blogging. I've still been knitting and have at least 3 finishes to share later this week. Maybe I'll get a fourth done but probably not. 
To explain the pictures above, to stay on pace, I'm supposed to have 20,000 words written by the end of today (the 12th). However, when I was done last night (the 11th) I had already written 21, 390 words. I've been able to stay a day ahead for a few days now and it really takes the pressure off. I don't have to write today and I'll still be ahead. I'll still write but I only need to write a few hundred words to stay a day ahead. This has allowed me to have really productive days where I write more than 3,000 and some days that aren't. I force myself to write at least 1,000 words every day. 

The novel itself is basically staying with the outline I created. Some of it has changed as I wrote, as I don't always look at my notes while I'm writing. I just go and then check to make sure I included everything that I wanted to. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...