Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Friday Night Sew-In Results

I was able to get a few things done yesterday. I cut out and ironed the snowflakes onto a table runner. Still needs to be quilted but it is basted and ready to go. This is a Christmas present.

I quilted the I-Spy quilt for Floyd. Need to trim it and put the binding on before we open presents here tomorrow morning. He loves it, especially all the owls. (We open presents here as a family early and spend Christmas Day with grandparents).

It was going to be an I-spy book but after finding a piece of Spiderman themed fleece in the remnant bin at the fabric store it became a quilt. I didn't put any batting in it and just stitched in the ditch around all the blocks. He loves Spiderman.

I think he is very happy with it.


I also started this little gnome. It is just over 2 inches tall. I still need to knit the bottom and sew it all together. I tried a pattern that was knit in the round instead of flat but it was just a little too tricky for the level of patience I have at this time of year. And I don't mind seaming. I hope to make a couple more as they are pretty cute. Pattern I used is free and can be found here. I used fingering weight yarn and size 1/2.25mm needles.




2 comments:

  1. That looks like one very happy boy. Love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to see your little guy loving his quilt.
    Never heard of a traveling gnome, so thanks for the link. Sweet idea. Hope yours turns out well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...