Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Year of the Sock

I am in desperate need of some new knitted socks and declare 2015 to be the year of the sock. I plan on making 6 pairs for me and 6 pairs to be given as gifts. 
I started the first pair a couple weeks ago and was so into it that I made it just a little too big. Guess this pair will be going to my sister. Hope you like the colours, Sarah.

The yarn is Felici by Knit Picks. I've heard great things about this yarn but this is my first time using it. The yarn is discontinued but they brought back a few colourways over the holidays. By the time I decided to buy some, this was the only choice left. 

Just a few inches left before pair #1 is complete for the year. Then they'll be out the door for my sister's birthday next month.

And since the first pair are going to my sister, I needed to start a pair for myself. And pay closer attention to the foot size. Turned the heel last night but forcing myself to finish my sister's sock before I finish this one. 

Spent some time this week going through my Ravelry favorites and patterns I have printed off and found several more sock patterns I'd like to try this year. Hard to decide which one to start next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...