Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

A Finished Scarf and Cowl

Here are two finishes from last week that are now on their way north for a niece's birthday later this month. I hope she likes them. She's turning 14. 

This is the Mustard scarf designed by Jane Richmond. I've had this pattern on my to make list since I got back into knitting in 2010. It calls for worsted yarn, which this is, but I wish I had used Aran weight or smaller needles. It's a pretty quick knit. Make one long lace piece, put a button on it, then wear it. 

If she doesn't like the placement of the button I know her mom can move it for her. Glad I finally made this. 

An in progress picture from last week.

I also made her a cowl, as this was something she suggested as a gift. I was going to make the Mushin cowl but I didn't like how it looked with this yarn. I ended up just making it up as I went. I chained a lot of stitches and then I did a row of single crochet in the back loop and joined in the round. I then alternated between rows of half double crochets and single crochets in the back loop until I thought it was wide enough. I have no idea of the final measurements. Above, I have it wrapped twice around my neck.

Hanging as one big loop.

And both fit inside yet another project bag that I made. It feels good to send a handmade gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...