Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Finished Pair of Knitted Socks #5

I can't believe it is the end of March and that I've knit 5 pairs of socks already. I think I'll be able to make my goal of knitting 12 pairs this year. But if I get too confident about that something is bound to happen to stop me. I finished my fifth pair on Friday, which are for me. I cast on my sixth pair on Sunday. They will be a gift for my SIL's birthday in May. If I can complete them I'll be thrilled that I was able to give my sister, mom and SIL socks for their birthdays this year. Perhaps a new tradition? I'd like to make them each a pair for Christmas too, but I definitely need to buy some yarn to do that. Good thing April's craft budget is for yarn. And WEBS will be having their anniversary sale that month, too. 
Anyway, onto the socks.
Pattern is Wedge by Cookie A. I mentioned in an earlier post that I've owned the Knit.Sock.Love book for a few years but hadn't knit anything out of it. This pattern is from that book. I hope to make almost all the book patterns, eventually. The only major change I made from the pattern was to do a stockinette toe instead of the garter stitch one and I used bigger needles (size 3).


Yes, they are as bright as they appear in the picture. You can't lose them. 

I wore them yesterday and like the garter heel more than I thought I would.


My only complaint about them is when I put on shoes. The wide garter section on the top of the foot is right where the top of my shoe ends. Not uncomfortable, but it looked a little clumpy. Guess I should have taken a picture. Not a big deal, still love them and will wear them often. 

After I finish the socks for my SIL, I'll be trying something new - knitting slippers and then felting them. I am currently without slippers. I wore through the new slippers I received for Christmas and my slippers from the previous Christmas hit the garbage bin this weekend after we had water back up into the house and they got wet. No way to wash them clean enough that would make me put my feet back in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...