Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Finished Pair of Socks #4

Here they are, my fourth pair of knitted socks this year. 
These are on their way north for my mom's birthday - which is today, Happy Birthday Mom!

Top down but the stripes are opposite. One sock was knit as I frogged a shawl that wasn't working for me (too short). The other sock was knit using leftover yarn from  a pair of socks I knit a few years ago. I like that they obviously match but there's also something different about them. Think I might do reverse order stripes more often.

This was my first pair of top down socks in a while and I forgot how much I enjoy this construction. 

I love gussets. They're my favourite part of a knitted sock.

And these ones look good.

The day I finished this pair, I was wearing the second pair of socks that I ever knit and was able to compare. No holes in the new pair. 

Hope you like your new socks mom. Sorry we couldn't make it up for your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...