Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

A Week's Worth of Knitting

This week has been lacking in me time. I haven't done much knitting during the day but when I do, I have been working on the socks for my SIL. I'm about an inch away from starting the toe of the second sock. I should be able to finish them up this weekend. My evening knitting has been the Passerine scarf/stole. The yarn I'm using only had 5 more yards than the recommended amount so I knew it would be tight. There is no way I'll be able to do all 16 repeats of Chart C, but I think I'll get 10. I think the length will still be good as at the half way point it measured over half the finished length. The width is right and I wouldn't want it any thinner.

Aren't the yarn and the pattern lovely?

Here it is halfway. Stretched out it is 2 full couch cushions. I've done one more repeat since then and it added another 6-7 inches. I added a life line in case I run out of yarn and have to go back. Fingers are crossed that it works out.

Yarn left at halfway. Definitely not enough. Colour of yarn is best in this picture. Hope to finish it this weekend as well and get it blocked next week. Hopefully, I'll be able to share it here next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...