Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Camp Loopy Progress: June done, ready for July

I finished my Camp Loopy project for June on Saturday. I sewed the side seams Sunday and took pictures yesterday. I haven't washed it yet but I am hoping that I will like it more after that. I knit, Bamboo Shell, which is a free pattern.
It feels frumpy, and not in a good way. I'm wearing a tank top underneath which made it feel a bit better but I had hoped to wear this by it self. I don't see that happening unless I make some alterations, like giving it some shape. There are no decreases at the waist and I thought I wouldn't mind but I do. I also sewed the front flap closed halfway since it went low. I like the length and I got gauge but this is my first time knitting with cotton/bamboo for clothing so perhaps that has something to do with it. I wasn't a big fan of the yarn either, Bamboo Pop. Of the 4 balls of yarn I used, one had a knot and one had 2 knots and was splitty. Notching this up to a learning experience.

Now onto July. I don't have much of a break between projects this summer. The big box above arrived at our house about mid June and contained my yarn for July's project which has to use 600 yards. I decided to order enough yarn for 3 projects - sweater for 2 nieces and a nephew for Christmas - so I could get free shipping.

I also earned enough points for the first Loopy reward. Next one is Toronto (at 250 points) so I will have to order enough yarn this year to get the Canada button.

My little bonus were these post-it notes for projects that are going to be set aside.

And here is the yarn. Lots of it. Another new to me yarn - Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme.

I am making them all Flax. The sweater for the youngest (size 6-8) is my July project. I made a Flax last year for my oldest son and like the pattern. The only thing that might slow me down is the sleeves but since it's a children's sweater I am hoping that they will go quickly.

Had a "Gilmore Girls" marathon yesterday and got all the yarn caked. Will do a swatch tonight and I'll be ready to cast on tomorrow. Good thing I have Wimbledon to watch for the next two weeks while knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...