Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What do I do next?

Do you notice anything about this picture?
How about no quilt on the table?
Yeah, I finally finished quilting my Made in Cherry quilt yesterday. I love having so much room on my table now.

Here is the lovely quilt, roughly folded and set aside. Need to trim off the extra and put the binding on but I'm giving myself a little break from working with something so big.

Here are a bunch of little projects that have been quietly waiting. There's fabric for placemats, pillow covers, a project that only needs its binding put on, fabric for the next quilt for my mom, washed and waiting to be ironed and cut. There's also the fabric for the Made in Cherry binding waiting to be cut, as well.

And I felt so ambitious after finishing such a big quilt that I got out my box of scraps and started cutting some up for charity quilts. The little container holds my 2 1/2 inch squares and strips. There's still a lot of scraps to go through but at least the box isn't overflowing anymore.

When I cleaned up/ organized a few weeks ago, I moved the scraps I did have cut into this container. They had been in individual containers but this keeps them out of the way a little better. I also have a pile of 4 1/2 squares started too. I pulled a pile of scraps out of the box yesterday and once I'm done it, I'll work on something else. The plan is to put the binding on the Made in Cherry quilt by this weekend, wash it and put it on our bed. Somewhere in there I'll take pictures of it. Feels so good to have it almost completely finished. This is the last week of school for my kids so I have no idea what kind of time I'll have for myself once they're home for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see your Made in Cherry quilt finished! so much progress.. look at that nice clean desk :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...