Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Camp Loopy Progress

August is the last month of Camp Loopy. The project needs to use at least 800 yards and my plans were to make my daughter's Christmas present. I had bought yarn and a pattern but didn't look at my yarn right away since I didn't want to be tempted. When I finally looked at it, I realized they sent me the wrong accent yarn. Calliope and I looked at ravelry and picked a different pattern that I had enough yarn to knit using the other yarn I had ordered. Lucky for me, I already had the magazine that the pattern was in.

I'm knitting her this light cardigan that has lace panels down each front and on each sleeve. It also has a lace panel on the back but she didn't want lace on the back so I'm just doing a stockinette back. The yarn is Cascade Heritage Silk.

For fingering weight yarn it is knitting up surprisingly fast. Here it is after 3 lace pattern repeats.

I think this is after 8 lace repeats. Sleeves and body were separated after 6. The sleeves only need ribbing to be finished but my daughter hinted that she wants longer sleeves. I'm going to have her try it on before we come to a final decision. This will definitely look better after blocking. I think I have 9-10 lace pattern repeats to do before the body is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...