Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Few Finishes

Life got busy around here. I'm now vice-president of the PTO at my son's school and there's been other school meetings/ commitments that have been eating my time and energy. My brain has been so cloudy and scattered the past week that I haven't been able to focus on the blog, editing, or reading. It's been a long, frustrating week. Yesterday I started to feel like I'm coming out of the fog and feel more like myself. I got a little editing done and even read a bit - a graphic novel, but it counts. Here's what I've been knitting over the past week.

I knit a Gothic Lace scarf for my friends birthday. We had our birthday dinner last Friday so I needed it finished by Wednesday so I could block it on Thursday. I think I ended up finishing it Thursday morning and had it blocked before lunch. Above is a picture of the lace before blocking.

And after. The yarn is Aran weight and is very warm and soft.

Here is the whole scarf before being blocked. 

And after. I still had a little yarn leftover and could have done a couple more repeats but it was getting pretty long. This is the yarn's true colour.

Here it is wrapped around. Very tempted to keep it.

Knotted. I think it's a great length (my husband thought it was too long) and my friend loved it.

I also gave her this Vispo cowl which I showed pictures of in a previous post, here. This is a more detailed picture.

I also finished the pink one for my SIL's birthday next month. 

Comparing the two. Pink unblocked, red blocked. Both are made with Cascade 220 Superwash.

You can see the difference when worn as well. The blocked one is more "relaxed" around my neck.

Unblocked, the cowl sits up more. I kind of like it this way but I will be blocking it to help with the rolled edges.

I finished the first sock and only have the toe left on the second. Really love the stripes.

And this guy loves pumpkins so one night I made him one. This is his face when I told him to smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...