Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Knitting WIP's

Like most knitters at this time of year, I have several gifts on the needles. I have 3 things on the needles for me but 2 of them are in hibernation until the gift knitting is done.  Here's what I've been working on.

Pleasantville cowl for me. Another pattern by Jen from her latest book, Sock Yarn Accessories. I cast on last week, finished the border and one pattern repeat before I set it aside to finish up some gifts. I bought the yarn (or picked it out for my mom to buy me) at the local yarn store in my hometown last Christmas. I loved it then and love it now and didn't want it to sit around any longer. I know the lace pattern will be lost in the variegated yarn but I don't care. I just want to finish and wear it. If I make some good progress on my other WIP's I'll be treating myself to a few more rounds of this.

Playground Pullover for my toddler, Floyd. It has sat untouched for a couple weeks but I picked it up this weekend and got to work. I finished the body, separated the front and back to make the sleeve openings and finished the back on the weekend. Yesterday, I started the front and all that remains to knit is the right front. Oh, and two sleeves. This works up fast when I make it a priority. There will be lots of ends to weave in when I'm done the knitting, even though I have been carrying the colours up the side while I knit. Floyd loves wearing the sweaters I knit him - often wearing his Owlet sweater as an extra layer when he doesn't want to wear a coat.

The beginning of a Flax for a nephew. I'm knitting size XS (smallest grown-up size). This should knit up fast and will become priority number one once Floyd's sweater is finished. This is my 4th Flax sweater and probably not my last.

The start of a pair of Koda socks for my SIL. Yes, another of Jen's patterns. I can't help myself. Almost done the first cuff. Since this is a pattern with cables, I will mainly work on this when Floyd is sleeping. 

What have you been knitting for gifts or yourself? 
Tomorrow I'll be sharing some quilted WIP's. And maybe a finish, if I can get pictures taken - so far today is wet and cloudy but I'm hoping it clears up this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...