Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Quilt Finish for Friday

     Yesterday, I finished my first quilt of 2016. I started it in December, planned on giving it for Christmas but changed my mind when I ran out of time. Good thing there are so many late winter/ spring birthdays in my family so it didn't sit around as a WIP very long. Since it's a surprise, I'm not showing a full picture of the front here, but you can see it on my instagram feed (no looking mom). Now I need to find some time next week to get to the post office and send it to its new home. 

The finished back. You can see the blue binding near the bottom of the picture.

     Slightly closer look at the back. Sorry for the lack of front pictures. I'll be doing another post once it arrives and I'll add a link to it here.

Here's a little peak of the front with the two fabrics used on the back.

     Another little peak, but that's it. Quilt lines were not marked, I just tried to stay as straight as possible. Sometimes I succeeded. Sometimes I didn't but overall, I'm very happy with how the quilting looks. Pattern is Moda Love, Layer Cake Quilt. I didn't use a layer cake, just 2 yards of the blue and then the white background. I really like it as a 2 colour quilt but if you do a google image search of the quilt you'll find lots of neat colour combinations. I had enough of the blue leftover to use for the binding.

     And after reading my sister's post last week, I got distracted with some Scrappy Bento Box blocks. A couple will go to her and the rest will stay here. I've already started cutting the rest of my Christmasy scraps to make more blocks. Looking to make a 48 x 60 lap quilt. I might keep it. Or gift it. Or donate it. Not sure yet. Just having fun making the blocks and happy to finally be using up some scraps.

Did you finish anything this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...