Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Finishes - 3 Knitted Hats for Charity

     A late Finish it up Friday post today. Been busy on the phone and internet trying to solve two annoying problems. 1 - dental benefits that disappeared because my older's son's birth date has somehow changed. Or the company thinks it has. 2 - trying to find an answer to a tax question had me calling both here in the U.S. and in Canada and emailing several people. No one has been able to answer me yet. Grrr.

     So, I'm going to forget about all that frustration long enough to write this little blog post and show off the three hats I finished this week. These will be going to Jen of Knitting Like Crazy when she has her KAL/CAL later this year which collects hats for charity. You can read more about it here.

     Here are the 3 hats. The top two are knit out of Cascade 220 super wash and used up all the yarn I had left of those two colours. The bottom is some acrylic yarn that was in my stash without bands. Probably from Michael's or JoAnn's. I have a little bit of each left but not enough for another hat.

Pattern is Points of Color. All three hats still need to be blocked, which will happen this weekend.

     Stockinette with ribbed cuff. There are only 3 blue stripes as that was all the blue yarn I had. I used the same number of stitches as the Points of Color hat so I probably shouldn't post that here but there are several free basic hat patterns you could use, such as this one. I made this one a little smaller than I would like to add some size variety.

     Another stockinette hat. I made this one slightly bigger but used the same stitch numbers as the Points of Color hat. I might cast on another hat this weekend as it's nice to have such quick finishes. It takes about a day to make one.

     And a picture to hold me accountable. I'd like to cut up some of the scraps in this box this weekend. I need more variety for the scrap quilts I am making for charity. The dream is that sometime this year, this box will be empty and no longer sitting under my desk (would be nice to have that space back). After that, I'd cut all my scraps down when I have them to avoid doing this again. A girl can dream, right?

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday? What did you finish this week?

1 comment:

  1. Use your scraps to make many trips around the world quilts. I love making them. i'm only on my second but it still counts as multiples. I use scraps down to 1" squares. Also, i have had the stroke of genius and i'm going to make my scraps in a square so big then log cabin them. Have fun with that box and to be honest with you it will never go away unless you give them away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...