Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Two Finishes for Friday

I have a finished quilt top and knitted shawl to share today for Finish it up Friday. Pictures were taken this morning at 7:30 before my daughter left for school. She's my usual photographer if I'm in the pictures. It's nice that she understands what I want and why, so we get the pictures done pretty quick. 

I got all my Scrappy Bento Box blocks put together into a quilt top. I would usually hold it over my face but I wanted to show the length. I'm debating whether I need to add borders to it or not. I don't have enough scraps to make another row (which is a good problem to have, right?). It is currently 48 x 60, which I think is a good size for a child's quilt or a lap quilt. I think I will end up donating this to my son's preschool to sell at their craft show fundraiser in December, so child's size is good. I ironed a bunch of fabrics this morning that will be pieced for a back, although I might not have enough and will have to do a little shopping this weekend. 

Yesterday, I blocked my Potter's Shawl. Since I knew I had to get up and dressed (I'm usually still in pajamas when they leave for school) to take these pictures, I may have picked clothes that matched the shawl. I love the fall colours. 

The ends curled a bit so I am holding them down with my hands. It ended up a lot longer than I thought it was going to be which I'm very happy about.

Wrapped around. It's soft and not too warm. It has already warmed up here in Michigan quite a bit (wore shorts earlier this week), so I won't get to wear it much now but it will be perfect for Autumn.

Took a couple detail pictures after the kids went to school. 

Love the leaf border. Would love to use it on other knits. Perhaps the bottom of a skirt or sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...