Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

What I Knit/ Quilted this weekend

Anyone else having trouble with losing an hour this weekend? I think this is the first time it has hit me really hard. I was really dragging my butt yesterday. I laid down numerous times to try and nap but couldn't fall asleep. Luckily I was able to sleep in a little bit this morning (it's sad when 8:30 feels like sleeping in) and am feeling more awake today. I had big crafty plans for the weekend but nice weather on Saturday, which kept us outside, and the sleepy Sunday means my desk is still piled with a bunch of to-do's. Here's what I was able to do this weekend.

I got all the scraps I had sewn together last week put together into 2 more scrappy rows. I cut some white strips to help with the length and sewed them all together. I am aiming for a 60 x 80 finished top so I have one more row of scraps to cut and sew together. That is on the list for this week. I've started piecing the back and I already have the batting so I have hope that I will finish it this month. 

I love looking at the scraps as I sew, remembering what project they are from or who gave me the fabric. 

Not much overhang on our double bed. This quilt will be going to charity once it's complete.

My Beacon Hill cardigan is coming along. I don't think I've posted a picture here since last Monday. I split the sleeves from the body last week and have been working on knitting the body of the cardigan. Pattern is memorized and the cardigan is easy to pick up and knit a few rows when I have time. Yarn is Cascade Venezia worsted which feels lovely in my hands. 

The back. Loving the texture. I had my doubts about the pattern when I first started but I kept knitting. Now that I'm far enough that I can spread it out, I'm loving it.

Here you can kind of see how much it stretches. I was pulling on the back which shows off the honeycombish pattern. The sleeves are not stretched and it looks more like a diamond pattern. I'm hoping the weather cools down a bit so I can wear this a few times before summer.

And I cast on and knit most of a hat for charity this weekend. Pattern is Points of Color Hat. Just have the top decreases and ends to weave in. Both yarns are Cascade 220 Superwash. Red is leftover from the Dundurn cardigan I knit my mom. Blue is leftover from the February Lady Sweater I knit myself. Nice to use up some yarn scraps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...