Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

A Knitted Hat and Some Quilt Blocks

I was able to get in some crafty time this weekend. 

     I finished the first third of the blocks for Floyd's quilt. It needs to be done for his birthday in 2 weeks! There are 2 of each block in the picture above. They still need to be ironed and trimmed. I am using the Stack n' Whack block tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew.

     I have been doing the blocks 2 matching pairs at a time. For the next few blocks, I cut several pairs and have them stacked beside the sewing machine. It would be nice to just sit and sew a bunch together instead of cutting them one set at a time. Hopefully I won't get confused.

     And I finished the hat I was test-knitting. This knit up very quickly. Same yarn I used for the neck warmer last week and the sweater I knit earlier this year. Pattern has not been released but is by Sarah of Imagined Landscapes. I think I'll be gifting this, along with the neck warmer to a niece for Christmas. Now to decide which one of seven nieces will get them.

     I test knit the teen/ adult small size. I had my teenager try it on for pictures. She looks pretty grumpy. Bees were attacking us and her brothers were shooting us with water guns while we took pictures.

     Here it is on my head. A little tight and a little short but it shows off the cables and twisted stitches.

And Floyd got to model too. Way too big but still cute.

     And since the size I knit doesn't fit me or match my winter coat, I started one that would fit and matches every coat I have. It's a great pattern. There is just the one small cabled section and the rest of the texture is from twisted stitches.

Hope you were able to get some crafty time this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...