Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WIP Wednesday with a Finish


A late Wednesday post as I don't have much to show today except for a small knitted finish. 
     I finished my second Stormy Harbour hat yesterday. Pattern is by Sarah of Imagined Landscapes. This is a test knit but the pattern should be released soon. This was made with less than a skein of  Caron Simply Soft that can be found at JoAnn's (and maybe Michael's) for around $5. I think it's probably the best, cheap acrylic yarn. I have a couple skeins in this colour because I had planned to knit Floyd a sweater out of it, but that didn't happen.

On my head. The cabled section really pops. Love how it grows out of the cuff.

     The teen/adult small and medium adult hats together. I was going to gift the grey one and keep the teal one. Instead I'm donating both to Jen's KAL/CAL that goes until the end of the month. 

     I have enough yarn to make myself another teal one later. It's a very addictive knit. I thought of starting a third one as soon as I cast off the second one.

     I've knit maybe an inch or so of the sock since the last time I showed it here. A couple more inches until the heel. Sometimes the leg of a sock feels like it is taking forever.

     And a couple of inches done of the back of the shrug for my daughter. I'm not 100% sold on this pattern yet.

     And since I was such a good girl and did 3 test-knits this month (we're not going to mention my lack of editing my novel),  I pulled this yarn and pattern out to knit. Took three attempts to get gauge yesterday. Ended up going down 3 needle sizes. Need a refresher on provisional cast on, then I'll be starting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...