Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

A Weekend of Crafty Finishes

     I kept myself very busy this weekend and finished several projects. Of course I may have started some new ones, but those can wait until WIP Wednesday. 

     Saturday night I was able to finish this pair of socks for myself. Washed them yesterday and am wearing them today. Comfy and soft. Yarn is Kroy sock yarn bought at Michael's. I used a whole skein for each sock, plus some leftovers when I ran out for the toes.

Falling in love with gussets again.

Here's the other one.

     Friday, I finished quilting the quilt for my son's birthday. I wasn't sure if I was going to do more quilting or not so I left the pins in while I laid it out on our bed and decided. I came back several times during the day and decided it was done. Took the pins out, sewed the binding together, trimmed the quilt and put the binding on yesterday.

     Here is the finished quilt. He wasn't overly impressed when he opened it this morning - he turned 3. But it makes me happy that every bed in the house now has a quilt by me on it. He'll appreciate it someday. I used Cluck Cluck Sew's Stack n' Whack tutorial for the blocks.

     Binding was leftover strips from the solids used in the quilt. Had less than a strip left when I was done.

Backing fabric.

Had enough of the backing fabric to make a pillowcase.

Had to use this car print on the other side. This he definitely likes.

     And one last finish for the weekend. Once I was done the quilt, I wanted to sew something else. I took out all the 1.5 inch scrap strips I had cut, sewed them together and finished crocheting this basket. Ended up bigger than I thought it would.

    Inside look. It's 5 inches deep and the opening is 8 inches across. I used double crochets for the whole thing with a row of slip stitches for the edge. I used Crazy Mom Quilts tutorial for a crocheted mat.

Not sure what I'm going to keep in it yet but it holds a lot of yarn leftovers.

What did you do this weekend? Hope all those that celebrate Mother's Day had fun yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...