Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

What's New in the Stash


     It's been a while since I posted some of the new yarn and fabric that have entered my stash. I had been doing really well not buying either but there have been a lot of Spring sales that I did a really bad job of resisting. And Camp Loopy starts next month so I had to order yarn for that too. It hasn't arrived yet so I'll show it off and the pattern I plan on knitting for June later this month.

     Last fall I joined the giftables club at The Loopy Ewe. I didn't post the yarn I received in September but I used it to make my daughter a pair of fingerless mitts for Christmas. Above is the yarn I received for the October kit.  Yarn is by Meadowcroft, Cross Creek Socks in the Polaris colourway. I plan on knitting the Hogmanay shawl by Jen Lucas with it. Guess I still need to take a picture of the yarn I received in November.

     Next up is the lovely Misti Alpaca skein gifted to me for Christmas by my mom from her LYS, Stix and Stones. Hand Paint sock yarn fingering, colorway Reggaeton. My mom gifted me a skein of a different colorway last May that I am finally using (progress photo on Wednesday) but I have no idea what to use this skein for. I am thinking of pairing it with a solid to make... I don't know what.

     Earlier this month, I caved and bought my first Turtlepurl Yarns. It's always nice to support a fellow Canadian. She had a sale and I bought the sock set in the Iris colorway. These will become a pair of socks to be gifted this Christmas.

     And I couldn't stop thinking about this skein of worsted weight yarn, also by Turtlepurl Yarns. I have no idea what it will become. It's much bright in reality and is 200 yards.  Colorway Nano and I got the last skein so I can't link to it. Any thoughts what I should knit with it? A hat? Cowl?

     And WEBS had a flash sale and I ended up buying the above Plymouth Yarn, Happy Feet in the Olive Colorway. I bought 8 to finally make myself a Fogliame.

     And somehow during the same sale, this incredibly bright skein of sock yarn hopped into my cart. Perhaps socks for my sister, or myself. Or something else.

A small amount of fabric has made it into the house as well this month.
      I've mentioned some of the fabrics I have found at a local thrift shop before. Sometimes I go and come home with nothing. Other times, my arms are full. This month I came home with a nice stack. Above are 2 solids. I left the tags with them so I remember how much yardage there is. Both pictured above are over a yard.

      There is more than 5 1/2 yards of each of these. Going to make great quilt backs for at least 2 quilts. Bought for roughly $13. Not bad.

     And some flannel. I want to try and make some pajama pants and shorts for myself and my daughter. And maybe the boys too. The blue on the right from The Loopy Ewe, is just under 3 yards and bought with store credit. The two with tags are from the thrift shop and are about 1 1/2 yards each. Of course I came home from the thrift shop and discovered that I need to buy elastic.

What have you added to your stash lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...