Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Moving the Stash Around

     I haven't knit in 2 days. Instead I've been moving living room furniture around and reorganizing the stash. I knew I needed to go through and get rid of some things and find projects that I've forgotten about. It's been fun but exhausting. I like the new arrangement and hoping it helps me get more work done. Only time will tell.

      Part of organizing was sewing batting pieces together and labeling them with the size. I saw someone else in blogland label the size of their scraps and thought that was a good idea. I'd link to them but I can't remember who it was. I also pieced together batting for 2 quilt tops that are now waiting to get basted.

     Shelf in it's new home. You can see where it use to be in this post. Everything got moved on Tuesday. Wednesday was spent putting stuff back on the shelf. The shelf of books is mainly my husband's - one shelf holds my library books (second from bottom). I had to take all his books off to move the shelf almost two feet. So much work but now I'll be able to use/see all the cubes of my white shelf. Before 4 cubes were blocked by my desk.

     I also did myself a favor yesterday by making these helpful lists for the binders that hold my printed off patterns. I use to hold everything in one but I split it up last year. This will make it easier to find what I'm looking for and to put patterns away.

     Here is the shelf this morning. Lots of yarn. Definitely need to do some stash busting. Once Camp Loopy is over I don't think I'll be buying yarn for awhile. I didn't purge much yarn but I did toss a lot of the scraps that were less than 10 yards. Not sure what I was thinking keeping so many small amounts. 

     My desk is now completely in the corner. We moved the couch back so they are still against each other. I split my desk into a sewing side and a writing side. The two quilts waiting to be basted are sitting on top of the cutting mat, along with the batting and backs. I finally started the first sleeve for the Side Squiggles sweater which you can see sitting between my computer and sewing machine. 

And since I can't seem to keep a plant alive, I've planted  some yarn hanks instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...