Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

Knitting WIP's

     First day of July means 2 things. First, Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks. Wish I was there to celebrate with family today, but I'll have a beer tonight in celebration. And second, it's the beginning of the second month of Camp Loopy. My plan had been to make a Tempest cardigan for my daughter and I knit 8 rows of it this morning before I decided I just didn't have the energy/time to knit and seam a whole cardigan this month. Went through ravelry and knitting books and decided to cast on Filament instead. Another Jen Lucas pattern of course.

     Pattern is simple to memorize and seems to knit up quickly. I'm a little afraid that I will get bored with it but I have enough other projects to challenge me that this will be a nice break.

     I need to use at least 600 yards and together these 2 skeins are over 800. Going to knit until I'm out of yarn or until it is ridiculously long. Think this might end up a gift for a niece. Or I might keep it. We'll see how I feel about it at the end of the month.

      And the reason I switched to something a little more simple for Camp Loopy, is that I am on the homestretch of my Fogliame cardigan. Less than 20 rows left to knit in the body and then the sleeves. I'd love to get this off the needles and wear it.

     And my Any Way You Want It shawl is coming along, too. Finished the lace and have started the short row body. I put removable stitch markers in to mark where I turn so I can just knit and knit and knit until I run into the marker. This yarn has a lot more yellow than I thought so the lace doesn't show as much as I wanted it to. Maybe it will be different after blocking. 

      And yesterday was the last day of swimming lessons which means I can now spend my mornings watching Wimbledon and knitting. 

     I have a few other WIP's I'd like to finish this month since there are numerous new things I would like to start knitting. Like the R & R Hoodie. I think I need one. And my best friend needs one. And my daughter needs one.  Any one else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...