Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

WIP Wednesday and Crafting with my kids

     I'm still working away at my Filament scarf. I've knit over 20 inches since last week and I'm about 15 inches away from finishing. So if I knit 5 inches each day for the next three days, I could be done by Friday! I don't know if that will happen but I am now confident that I will get it done by Sunday (reminder that the scarf is my Camp Loopy project for July and needs to be finished by the end of the month).

Hope it looks longer than it did last week.

Little easier to see the pattern close-up.

     This week, the kids and I have had a Christmas in July craft week. On Monday I crocheted this bell garland for our tree. We've had a little tree (between 3 and 4 feet tall) for several years. We finally bought a big tree on clearance this January and we'll need some decorations to go on it. 

     Yesterday was also no TV Tuesday so the kids spent time painting some wooden decorations in the morning. Some of these will go on our tree, others will be gifted. I found the ornaments at Target last December, but you might be able to find them elsewhere. 

     Almost finished ornaments. My daughter's 3 are at the top and are done. She did all the stitching. The two in the second row are by my 10 year old son. He did all the stitching on them as well. Floyd did the bottom 7. He used glitter paint and they look great in real life. I'll add a little embroidery to his soon. I also have some bells leftover that might get added to a few.

     And winding yarn for Christmas projects is a Christmas craft, right? My daughter picked the yarn for her Christmas cardigan and then helped wind them. Her cardigan will be my Camp Loopy project for August.

We also caked some yarn for socks to be knit for Christmas presents. Floyd helped, too.

Do you see a problem with this yarn? I thought there should only be 2 ends?

     This hank had 24! Um, this was a 215 yard hank. I had bought a pair to make socks for my sister but now I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Personally, I hate having a ton of woven ends in my socks. Maybe I'll make her shorter socks or I was thinking mittens. I'll have to ask her opinion.


     Yarn ready to be made into Christmas presents. Thanks Calliope and Floyd for all your help winding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...