Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Vacation Knitting

     After spending the last week visiting family back in Canada, we are back home and trying to get back into our routine. Part of that routine is blogging my WIP's on Wednesday.
     First up though are my vacation finishes. I finished my Any Way You Want It shawl and my Fogliame cardigan. Today I am blocking and hope to have some finished pictures ready to post on Friday. I also read one book which was a great vacation read.

     And I had to get some yarn from the local yarn store. I already have plenty of yarn from it since my mother often gets me a couple skeins for Christmas. This time I picked up a pack of 3 chunky weight skeins. My plan was to buy yarn to make something from Jen's latest book, Cozy Stash-Busting Knits. There is currently a KAL happening for the book. I think these will become a Vinifera hat. Although the Remy cowl is really tempting me as well. I have about 210 yards in total so whatever project I pick it should knit up quickly.

      I felt like doing a little sock knitting on the way home on Monday. I cast on once I was done drinking my tea and just kept knitting for most of the 9 hour trip. I was able to finish the leg and was 4 rows away from finishing the heel when we pulled into the driveway. I was pretty impressed with myself. Yarn is Plymouth Yarns, Neon Now from Webs (which I can't seem to find on their website. I think I bought it on clearance). 64 stitches on 2.75mm needles.

     My Filament scarf obviously got ignored on my trip. I think I worked on it once. I do like it but I really wanted to get the shawl and Fogliame finished. I did some quick math once I got home and I need to knit 4 to 5 inches a day to have the scarf finished on time.

     So every day I put in a removeable stitch marker and just knit away. I got over 2 inches done yesterday which isn't bad considering we were still unpacking, had to buy groceries and then had an afternoon full of family games. Lots of fun but it cuts into the knitting time. The 2 inches I knit above were done while watching a Gilmore Girls episode with my daughter. We figure I need to watch 2 episodes a day to keep on track. The sacrifices I make for knitting. 

What have you been knitting this summer?
I want to get the scarf done because I'm itching to start a Hogmanay shawl and a Salita cardigan.

1 comment:

  1. I stop by and visit, but don't think I have commented before. I have a similar situation with a honey cowl over here I want for a trip in December. Haven't tried the Gilmore Girls yet. NCIS reruns on Netflix seem to be the answer for that cowl deadline. Sounds like we both may be "obligated" to watch for the sake of the knitting. Enjoy!
    April

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...