Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Some Quilts and a Knit

I have a few WIP's to share this week. 
     I'm not even sure when I started this quilt. Either last year or the beginning of this one.This will be a snowman wall hanging,  - just keep reading to find out more. I had almost 2 rows quilted before I set it aside for months. I finished it yesterday. (Found it - started it last December.)

Close-up of all those pebbles. I'm considering them snowballs for this quilt.

      And the whole inspiration for this quilt came after I bought a set of carrot noses and black buttons to make snowmen. Originally, I had enough buttons to give every snowman a carrot nose and two eyes. But I think the bigger ones need smiles, so I need to buy more buttons. Above they are just placed, not sewn on yet.

I got 6 carrot noses sewn on yesterday. This might take me a few weeks to finish.

The second sleeve of my Beacon Hill cardigan is coming along. 

Pulled fabrics for another quilt yesterday. Hope to iron and cut them today.

      I put a charity quilt under the needle yesterday, too. It's nice to do some free-motion stippling after making all those little snowballs. This is the 2 inch quilt top I finished earlier this year. Hope to get several charity quilts finished before the end of the year. 

What have you been working on this week?

1 comment:

  1. love your pebbles - and now swirls! maybe I can send you some of my quilts! love the snowman idea - really cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...