Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

WIP Wednesday

     A few WIP's to share today. This week and next are pretty busy so I'm not sure how much crafty time I will have. Hoping the second half of October calms down and I can complete projects and start new ones. Is it wrong that I'm already thinking about what I'm going to knit myself once I am done all the holiday gifts I need to make? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

       I finally kept the living room floor free of toys long enough to decide the layout of my Cuzco Corners quilt. It's a pretty simple block. Using a charm pack (of Cuzco fabric, thus the name of the quilt), I cut each charm into 2.5 inch squares, then sewed a square on each corner of a black layer cake square. I think this would also look neat with a patterned layer cake and a solid charm pack. This quilt will be a gift. And for those who don't know, a charm pack is 5 inch squares, while layer cakes are 10 inch squares. The quilt will be 6 x 7 blocks, roughly 57 x 66.5 inches finished.

     I've finished the first pattern repeat of the Flower Garden shawl and started the second. This is also a gift. 

      And 3 repeats of the Nosbonsing socks have been knit. These are going slow. I might frog them and go down a needle size as they seem a little loose.

      They've been sitting out drying for 24 hours. I'm hoping they are dry by tomorrow so I can take pictures to share here on Friday. 

What have you been working on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. All I get when I have yarn is piles of tangled yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...