Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Finish!

Not sure where I've been the past two weeks, but I'm back today with a finished quilt. I gifted this today to my son's preschool teacher. She also taught our two older children so we've been blessed with five wonderful years with her (over the past 12 years). I really don't have the words to express how much her friendship has meant to me personally as I found my footing as a parent of a preschooler - 3 different times for 3 very different children. The pre-school is a co-op so I assisted roughly 20 times each school year in the classroom. A great crash course in dealing with how wonderful and difficult a preschooler can be. Anyway, she totally wasn't surprised when I showed up today with a quilt for her - and I love that.

Pattern is Spin Cycle by Allison of Cluck, Cluck, Sew. It was one row longer but it felt kind of long, so I took a row off.

Free motion quilting over the blocks and little loops in the sashing and border. 

Backing fabric is from Allison's fabric line, Wallflowers. 

Front and back together. 

I really love this quilt and glad I gifted it to someone so special. I have a row of blocks leftover that might become a wall hanging for me. 

Linking up today at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday! You should go see the finished quilt she is sharing today. I think it is going on my to-make list.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty quilt. What a nice gift. I am sure the teacher loves it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...