Pages

Friday, June 2, 2017

Camp Loopy and Jen's New Book

I don't know why I thought I would get my Camp Loopy project posted yesterday; it was my daughter's birthday and there was lots to do. 

This year's theme is dinosaurs and since my 4 year old loves dinosaurs, I bought the Camp project bag this year. He loves it and is patiently waiting for me to finish so he can have it. I'm in the Stegosaurus group for June, but I've decided not to join in the ravelry group fun this year. Which is probably good. I looked at the Stegosaurus ravelry thread yesterday and there were already over 1,200 messages. That's a lot. My yarn is also pictured above. I picked a gradient set, which can be found here.

Here it is all wound up and ready for June 1st. I picked the Bamptom shawl  (I have to admit, being from Ontario, Canada, I always want to call it the Brampton shawl) from Jen's latest book; Stunning Stitches. This will be a gift for Christmas. I love using Camp Loopy as a way to get yarn at a discount and get a Christmas present done.

Yesterday I was up at 6:15 to spend some time with my now 15 year old daughter (!), before she left to catch her school bus. She leaves at 6:45 every morning and I admit to hardly ever seeing her before she goes. Once she left, I cast on and had the set-up rows done by 7am. 

Did one pattern repeat in the afternoon. I did another repeat this afternoon while watching a documentary and am almost done my third. I should be switching to the second colour soon.

And now a quick look at Jen's new book, Stunning Stitches. Which you can buy here. Isn't the shawl on the cover beautiful? You can see I've marked several patterns to knit.

I've loved the Pomelo cowl since Jen first showed a picture of it. Uses worsted weight yarn. Ravelry page here.

I already have yarn set aside for this Potrero Hill Stole. Uses fingering weight yarn. Ravelry page can be found here.

This Kelsey cowl will be great for making quick Christmas gifts. Uses bulky weight yarn. Ravelry page can be found here.

And I am surprisingly drawn to this Glarus Poncho. Uses DK weight yarn. Ravelry page can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...