Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday Finish - Branches and Buds Pullover

On Wednesday's post, I included a sneak peek of my finished Branches and Buds pullover. It was my August Camp Loopy project and needed to be finished by midnight, August 31st. I'm glad to say I made it, knitting the second sleeve in less than 24 hours!

Here's the sneak peek again. I'm still blown away that I did colour work. And that it lies flat! Now I keep looking at sweaters with colour work. Fun, fun, fun.


My husband got out of bed on the 31st to take this picture of me to post on the Loopy Ewe site. I finished just after 11pm on the 31st. Ends weren't woven in yet and it definitely wasn't blocked.

Post-blocking pictures. Yarn relaxed and softened. Feels great. Yarn is Rosy Green Wool, Cheeky Merino Joy in the Cream and Coffee Bean colourways. Cream was a limited edition and no longer available at The Loopy Ewe, but other colours are, here

I haven't added any buds to my sweater yet as I haven't been able to decide how many to put on, if any. I have some olive green (leftover from my Fogliame cardigan) set aside for buds. I kind of want to do a lot or none at all.  Might do a few and see how I like them.

So happy I didn't give up and finished it. I love it!
And yes, I plan to use my mom's lovely garden for finished pics. Until the snow comes.

Did you have any finishes this week?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous finish--congratulations on a beautiful sweater--love the color work yoke...and the fit looks perfect....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...