Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

WIP Wednesday

It's been three weeks but my WIP's haven't changed much. I did finish one, and I'll share it here on Friday. And I started one, but it's a secret and I can't share it. 

The past three weeks have been very busy. My husband accepted a job in Sheffield, England, starting November 1st. However, it's too expensive for all of us to go (there are 5 of us), so he will be going alone. The kids and I are living with my parents (husband is here until the beginning of November). The job is only for 18 months but it's going to be a challenge. We're happy to be living back in Canada again and our kids are attending Canadian schools for the first time - my little guy will be going to Junior Kindergarten, all day, every day, starting next week. I'm going to miss him. 

My knitting has taken a bit of a backseat due to packing and moving. We are now settled into our new space and I'm motivated to finish some WIP's so I can start something new on my birthday later this month. Some of the WIP's below haven't been touched in weeks but thought I'd share everything I'm trying to finish in the next two weeks.

My Hello, Hello shawl just has garter rows left but I haven't knit a stitch of this since... July? I'm not sure. Need to finish it because I really want to wear it this fall.

On the weekend, I finally cast on the second sock. Makes great knitting when the tennis matches at the U.S. Open are too good to look down at a pattern.

Spero hat was ignored for a few weeks but I'm ten rows away from decreasing for the crown. Then it will be time to mail it to Jen for her Hat-A-long.

And the Owlet sweater for my son has grown since the last post. It has sleeves! Picture was taken after knitting the first row of the Owlet pattern. I'm almost done that section now.

And I already have buttons for the Owl eyes!

My knitting view this morning.

And a sneak peek at my finish. More pictures on Friday.

And my secret knitting is a sample for Jen Lucas. You'll see it next year in her book but all I can show you today is my son enjoying the box the yarn and pattern arrived in.

What have you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely projects--so nice to be able to sit, knit and relax after all of your unpacking, right? i know knitting really calms me down...that repetitive motion just does it for me....hugs, Julierose P.S. LOVE that shawl, pretty colors...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...