Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

WIP Wednesday

In the past two weeks, I have finished two sweaters, a shawl and a hat. My WIP's are disappearing! I am finally noticing that my knitting pile beside the couch is getting smaller. To reward myself, I went through the stash today and organized it a bit. I hadn't touched it since we moved in almost 3 weeks ago. I threw project bags full of yarn onto a shelf and shoved one container of yarn under the bed and turned my attention to my WIP's. Now that I'm finishing things up, I think I'll be able to cast on a couple things next week (both for me, since my birthday's next week), and I'm pretty excited. 

Today, I took most of the yarn out of project bags and into ziploc bags with their respective patterns. Made more room on the shelf and made it look neater, too. And after having to pay duty on my first parcel from the U.S., I am very committed to using up my stash for the next two years while we are in Canada. And to buy from Canadian shops. ( We might never leave Canada again, but using up the stash during the next two years is a priority both financially and to give us a bit more space, since we are living in my parent's basement while my husband works in England).

You'll have to wait until Friday to see the sweater and hat I finished this week, but here's what else I've been working on.

I hope you can tell that I knit an inch or so of this shawl since last week. Have just over 60 rows left to knit. Can I get it done by Sunday night? That's my goal. Pattern is Hello, Hello shawl. I'm loving it but for some reason it is taking me forever to knit. Hopefully I'll have it finished and blocked by next Friday to share here on the blog.

Second sock is ready for me to do the heel. Would love to get these done by Sunday, as well.

And I found this WIP at the bottom of a bag. Only have 10 snowflakes left to crochet. Should be a quick finish. And I had set aside fabric for this but not sure if I have it in the house or if it is in a bin in the garage. Guess I should search for it. Pattern can be found here. Ugh. Just looked at my ravelry project page and I started this over a year ago! Shame on me for not having it done my now.

What have you been working on this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have that shawl pattern--I need to wind off a skein to begin it...i have been making a whole lot of Miss Babs Yowza shawls for gifts and need a change--altho' that pattern is really EASY>>>
    I love your little snowflakes--so cute...I don't do fancy crochet,never learned....
    but i love how it looks...
    good luck on finishing
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...