Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WIP Wednesday

It was my birthday this week, so I cast on two new knits for me. I did finish my Hello, Hello shawl on Sunday and it is blocking today. Finished photos Friday? Or maybe next Friday. 
Let's get to my new WIP's!

I bought this variegated yarn over a year ago (on clearance at WEBS - link to yarn with colours still in stock) and thought of doing a Flax light for me. However, it ended up being much brighter in person. I thought of making a sweater for a niece but decided to keep it for myself and make a Lifesavers cardigan (minus the stripes). I thought I could handle wearing this bright yarn if I was able to break it up with a shirt underneath. I matched the yarn and pattern months ago and it's been hard to wait to cast on.

So far, it's not really pooling. I hate to say I'll wait until I separate the sleeves from the body to decide if the yarn and pattern will really work together because that's a lot of knitting. But I'm enjoying the knitting so far.

And I cast on a second Prairie Hills shawl. I test knit this pattern last year. I love that shawl and am waiting for the weather to cool so I can wear it again. I bought the special Camp Loopy yarn this year (first time I did that) and am using it. Had a little pooling start. Hope that clears up during the next pattern repeat or I'll have to rethink the yarn and pattern combo. 

And I did a bit of cross-stitching this weekend. I have two small finishes that need to be ironed and framed, but here's a bookmark that I sent along to a friend as a thank-you for  being a beta-reader (like a test-knitter) of the novel I am currently editing. Bought a kit to make 8 bookmarks at Jo-Ann's earlier this year.  Comes with three different patterns, have to buy your own floss. I used stash floss and tried to match it as close as I could. Only took me a couple hours. Hope to make a few more for Christmas gifts this fall.

What have you been working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...