Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WIP Wednesday

It's seems I've mainly done WIP posts this month. I swear I have finished things but when Friday comes around the energy I use for blogging is long gone. Maybe I should start scheduling posts again? Think I was a better blogger when I did that. 
Anyway, here are my WIP's for this week. At the end is a spoiler of Jen's latest MKAL. 

I finished crocheting all the snowflakes for my Tree of Snowflakes. Ran out of yarn making the bigger flakes so I frogged the mini ones. Then crocheted new mini ones in plain white yarn. Hopefully having 5 mini snowflakes being different is better than having 2 big snowflakes different.

Now I need to weave in a bunch of ends, block them and attach them to the fabric. 

Prairie Hills shawl saw some attention this week. Yarn seems to pool every couple repeats which is okay. Won't be as noticeable once it's wrapped around my neck. Right?

Lifesavers cardigan got most of the attention this week. It has been great television knitting for Star Trek: Discovery and Alias Grace. Need to knit about 10 more rows and then I can separate the sleeves from the body.

And I signed up to do another test knit for Sarah of Imagined Landscapes. I won't be able to show you any progress pictures until the pattern is published but I can share the yarn I'm going to use. The pattern is part of her +1 Pop Collection. I'm using a bit of Cascade Heritage sock I had leftover from my Low Tide cardigan (which I finished two years ago but still haven't added finished pics to my ravelry page? But it's in a blog post here.). And some lovely yarn from Dragon Strings bought at my LYS, Stix and Stones. It's an OOAK on their Phoenix Wings base, in the Mirrored colourway. Website for Dragon Strings can be found here.

Spoiler for Jen's MKAL is next.

Making slow progress on clue 1. Need to knit two more pattern repeats. Clue 2 comes out Friday so you still have plenty of time to join and get caught up. As a patron of Jen's, I've already seen a little sneak peek of clue 2, and I think I'm going to change to blue for it. 

What have you been working on this week? My poor second sock is still waiting for me to knit it's heel so it wasn't included this week. Maybe next week? And I think I might have to challenge myself to another Socktober next month to finish up the second sock and get a couple pairs knit for Christmas. I'm way behind on that (as in I don't have any gift socks knit up yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...