Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

WIP Wednesday - One Day Late

Pictures were taken yesterday but ran out of time to write the WIP Wednesday post. And despite having more than enough projects on the needles to keep me busy for weeks, I have 3 new WIP's to share with you today. And don't think I haven't finished anything. I have several finishes to share. Hopefully I'll get that post written and posted tomorrow. Lots of lovely knits to share. Let's get to the new WIP's.

First is a hat for my daughter. It's the Stormy Harbour hat pattern that I test-knit for Sarah of Imagined Landscapes. I made two of these before and mailed them to Jen for her hat-along (found here and here). But I loved the pattern and knew I would knit it again. I hadn't looked at the pattern that Sarah published after test-knitting and it is so good. The test-knit was set up differently and probably confusing to some but now it has a great flow. 

My daughter requested a new hat that didn't have any holes. She meant lace but I understood. Yarn is new to me, Sugar Bush, Bold. It's a Canadian yarn similar to Cascade 220 Superwash with a ton of colours. Works great, too. Love the magic of twisted stitches.


And this little Cyclops tree might look done, but he still needs to be decorated. And arms. I used the Generosi-trees pattern by Anna of Mochimochi Land. Fairly quick knit. Worsted weight yarn and just a couple hours to make. I plan on making several of these to give as gifts this year. This one is for us to keep. I think I'll put a cardboard circle in the bottom of the next one to see if that helps it stand up better. 4 year old loves it.


And a new sweater for me, because why not. Not like I have any gift knitting I should be doing. (Only 2 cardigans, an afghan, socks, a couple cowls and maybe another afghan - that's not much, right? Oh, and two quilts. Yikes!) Yarn is Feisty Fibres (another new to me yarn)and I couldn't resist it when my boss brought it into the store. I'm making a Spotlight sweater using a bright green for the yoke colourwork. And the dyer is coming to the store next weekend to do a trunk show. Should be fun. Slightly challenging myself to get the sweater done by then, but I don't think that will happen. Maybe. We'll see.

What have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...